Hi all, some nice things coming in January to celebrate the upcoming release of my new solo album.
In NYC: Duo Piano with Kenny Werner (Jan 9th, The Stone) - APAP Showcase/Midtown Manhattan Jazz Festival, Solo (Jan 11th, Somethin' Jazz Club) - French Quarter Jazz Festival, Trio (Jan 13th, Joe's Pub) & Solo (Jan 14th, Dizzy's) - CD Release Event, Solo (Jan 22nd, Zürcher Gallery).
In Paris: Duc des Lombards, Solo (Jan 16th) & Trio with Daniel Humair & Jerome Regard (Jan 17th).
And much more to come in 2015 - see Tours Page for complete schedule.
Hope to see you soon & Happy New Year!
NEW SOLO ALBUM: "WHAT IS THIS THING CALLED?"
RELEASE: JAN-FEB 2015 ON SUNNYSIDE
VISIT ALBUM PAGE OR LISTEN TO A TRACK HERE
- 2013 GUGGENHEIM FELLOWSHIP: JEAN-MICHEL HAS BEEN GRANTED A MUSIC COMPOSITION FELLOWSHIP BY THE JOHN SIMON GUGGENHEIM MEMORIAL FOUNDATION.
THE PROJECT IS AN OCTET, "BIG ONE", FEATURING ALL NEW, ORIGINAL MUSIC.
"What Is This Thing Called" coming soon on Sunnyside.
Live Solo CD "Essential" on Motéma.
- JEAN-MICHEL PILC TRIO "REINVENTION"
Featuring Ira Coleman (bass) & Victor Lewis (drums)
- JEAN-MICHEL PILC OCTET "BIG ONE"
Featuring Rhys Tivey (tp), Jerome Sabbagh (tenor sax), John Beaty (alto sax), Joe Beaty (trombone), Muriel Vergnaud (flute), Or Bareket (bass) and Jerad Lippi (drums)
- Trio "Twenty" with Thomas Bramerie (b) and André Ceccarelli (d)
- Trio "Composing" with Mads Vinding (b) and Marilyn Mazur (d)
- Duo with Kenny Werner (piano)
- Duo with Sylvain Luc (guitar)
- JEAN-MICHEL IS ALSO SIDEMAN & HAS RECENTLY RECORDED WITH:
Mads Vinding, Petros Klampanis, Lew Soloff, Rhys Tivey, Fabio Gouvea, Lars Graugaard, Maria Toro, Mokhtar Samba, Benjamin Koppel, Tony Moreno, Rafael Rosa, etc.
- Now offering Skype lessons (piano, jazz & impro for all instruments). Contact Jean-Michel if interested.
- Available for private lessons (all instruments), workshops, clinics & masterclasses.